Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Del McCoury Band


I am a subscriber of Mediacom for internet and cable services and in my last bill they had a flyer for a RootsNBluesNBBQ festival in Columbia, Missouri. Because of sponsors like Mediacom and others, the event was free and I could think of no better excuse to visit a friend I had there and see a great, free, outdoor show.
The Del McCoury Band was awesome, we went right up to the front before the show and took it all in. They didn't play any of my requests, but they rocked it and ended with My Love Will Not Change.
After the show, we wandered around a little and decided to check out the merchandise tent because I wanted to meet Del. Low and behold, there was the band signing copies of their new CD. I waited my turn and told Del how when I found his music I asked myself, how have I lived this long without Del McCoury in my life? I asked him for a photo and here it is...YEAH!!!

No comments: