Sunday, December 9, 2007

I need a new car

I killed my first deer tonight, but it did not involve a firearm and it was not intentional. Driving through Ozark country on curvy, two-lane backroads is a hazardous endeavor. I had narrowly missed a deer the last time I made the same drive and this time I just missed the first deer but nailed the second one with my driver's side headlight. The deer was sent flying and flailing in the ditch. It was pouring rain and there are no shoulders on Ozark highways so I went to the next turnoff to access the damage. Door would barely open, headlight demolished, hood crinkled, steam rising from engine. Combine that with the fact that the speedometer didn't work, the tires were bald, and there was a severe oil leak, looks like it's totaled. I'm glad I only paid $200 for the car!

No comments: