Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Inspiration for poetry from unusual places

Peeing on the Fly

Although it may seem like
I’m talking about peeing on the move
I’m really speaking of a topic
Which you may not approve

There was a house fly in my bathroom
I swatted my towel at it in vain
I somehow managed to stun it
And it dropped to the floor

So I did what any sensible person would do
I picked it up, dropped it in the toilet, flushed, and closed the lid

Never did it occur to me, that the fly might not get flushed down
Yet when I returned to expel the warm nitrogenous waste that was causing considerable abdominal pressure,
I was surprised to see that darned fly,
Swimming helplessly in what one would presume is relatively clean, treated water

So I did what any sensible person would do
I peed on it like an interrogation technique,
simulated drowning on Musca domestica

But the fly, ever determined,
managed to fight its way to the edge of the treated-water/piss pool
Where it regained composure before I could redirect the firehose in its direction
Imagine my horrified expression,
when the piss-soaked fly,
flew out of the toilet,
and out of sight.

1 comment:

John Galayda said...

ha! good thing you weren't taking a deuce or you would have fly prints all over your house.