Monday, December 10, 2007

My latest song - Blessed Is

This is my latest poem, which I wrote on the guitar. I didn't include the chords, but the whole song is G, C, D, and Am.

Blessed is the man who goes without food without clothes
Blessed is the man no longer young not yet old
I don’t have the strength to walk that long and lonely road
Sometimes the world makes me want to crawl in a hole

Well a love once lost can still be found
I’m gonna sniff it out like a big ol’ red tick hound
Well I don’t mind dying buried in the ground
Under the earth, soft and still, without sound

And it chills me to the core
And it kills me to explore
And it wills me to be more

Blessed is a world without war without pain
Blessed is a world where every loss is a gain
All is not gone, fields planted with seeds of grain
Wonder will grow from sunlight from the rain

But we can all walk the vision we see the best
Cast out from our minds we can throw the rest
Build a place for peace not just speak in jest
Take the ones we love hold them tightly to our chest

And the gift is not boughten it’s homemade
It’s the kind of thing that does not fade
Everything I have everything I gave

No comments: